Thursday, February 14, 2013

Raised bed

This is the raised bed that I have been thinking about since there is an army of ants that trespass it every day...except rainy days!! (its the one nearer to the wall) So because of that army of ants, I haven't been able to plant anything.... Yesterday, I finally did something to it... I cut off the plot from the path of the army of ants.... Initially I wanted to surround it with cut bamboos... But after cutting/chopping through about 10 bamboos, I gave up.. It is just too much work!!! So I came up with this brillant idea to support it with some tiles...! I really think I can be brilliant sometimes!! LOL... As the bamboos have holes and therefore prone to mosquito breeding, I gotta to wrap a plastic over the hole to prevent water from seeping in... I have witnessed it from my Japan Woofing... so I know mosquitoes can breed anywhere and everywhere!!! So, I am going to grow cucumbers and sugar peas in the plot - one type on each side... the middle part will be reserved for leafy greens.....

No comments:

Post a Comment