Sunday, February 10, 2013

Good news & bad news

Oh mind, let's start with the good news la... LOL.... my green okra & kang kong sprouted!! Yeah!
I buried 6 seeds.. so far, 5 germinated.. Yeah, I look forward to my own okra harvest.. today, I cut 3 okra from my neighbour's plants... otherwise, it will be too old to be eaten.. they grow very fast - can become old just over a few hours...
I buried a lot of seeds, in a few rows... I don't think all of them germinate... it's okay, I will sow more seeds next few days... so that my bed will be full of kang kong! Kang Kong grow well with waterlogged soil so I think they will do just fine... Now! the bad news..... aiyo, the bad weather caused my beds to be waterlogged in my new plot until my sole tomato there died!!! RIP
My tomato plants in my old plot - 2 of them also died on me...
The 2 tomato plants in the box are still doing fine as of today... but it was waterlogged.... the top soil doesn't seem to drain the water off as fast so I gotta poke holes so that it will drain off....
Other than that, they are still standing tall... I hope so....keeping my fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment